A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
December 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
December 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
December 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
November 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
November 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
November 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
November 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
November 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
November 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

Share | 
 

 Baby Names

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
avatar

Posts : 1853
Join date : 2010-06-01
Age : 37
Location : Madison, MS

PostSubject: Baby Names   February 2nd 2011, 16:43

Ok ladies. DH and I are already not agreeing on ANY names. I've entertained a couple of his but he has shot down every. single. one of mine. I say he doesn't get to choose since he's had a chance to name 4. *snort* he didn't seem to agree so I guess I don't get my way on this one.

So with that what do y'all think of these so far and do you have any more suggestions?

Ones that were already suggested:

Dana Paige (mine)
Emma (mine)
Kelsey (mine)
Mya (mine)
Katie (his)
Britni (his)
Catie (his)
Brandi (his)
Alex (his)

Here are the ones I entertained from his list:
Britni
Alex


We have a boys name already set I think so I'm just stuck on a girls name.


Now here are some more I (DH hasn't seen these yet) was thinking of and need help adding to the list.

Avery
Cora
Ella
Paige


Now - I will say that I'm really liking Britni Paige or Alex Jo. What do you think?






Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
*ANDREA*AMU*
Permanent Marker
avatar

Posts : 1702
Join date : 2010-05-25
Age : 44
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 2nd 2011, 18:39

I tend to like the more old fashioned names these days... so I really like Cora!!
My SIL's sister has a lil' girl named Cora Mary-Grace! Very cute!

Amelia is a goodie! Heart U Wink

How about Sadie?

Um... first... what are all your other girls names now? Maybe you already have a Sadie? LOL!

I just started working at a Preschool... there are some different names these days for sure!
Let's see... some of the names there for girls include...

Layla
Elise
Scarlett
Sarah
Addison
Tatianna
Lake
Chloe
Britten

Picking out names is fun! I still have our list posted on the side of our fridge in the kitchen...never took it down. Some of the names I have listed on my list include...

Marissa
Esme
Eve
Amaya
Ellen
Magdelana
Quinnah
Ayanna
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imlivinonscraps.blogspot.com/
jessiw
Fixative Spray
avatar

Posts : 2155
Join date : 2010-05-24
Age : 35
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 2nd 2011, 19:14

*ANDREA*AMU* wrote:
I tend to like the more old fashioned names these days... so I really like Cora!!
My SIL's sister has a lil' girl named Cora Mary-Grace! Very cute!

Amelia is a goodie! Heart U Wink

How about Sadie?

Um... first... what are all your other girls names now? Maybe you already have a Sadie? LOL!

I just started working at a Preschool... there are some different names these days for sure!
Let's see... some of the names there for girls include...

Layla
Elise
Scarlett
Sarah
Addison
Tatianna
Lake
Chloe
Britten

Picking out names is fun! I still have our list posted on the side of our fridge in the kitchen...never took it down. Some of the names I have listed on my list include...

Marissa
Esme
Eve
Amaya
Ellen
Magdelana
Quinnah
Ayanna

I love Sadie, but i may be biased b/c that was my great-grandmother's name...the one that just passed away:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pahm30.blogspot.com
jessiw
Fixative Spray
avatar

Posts : 2155
Join date : 2010-05-24
Age : 35
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 2nd 2011, 19:15

I really like Cora and Ella on your list. I love thinking of baby names!! So much fun:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pahm30.blogspot.com
Sherry C
Fixative Spray
avatar

Posts : 2242
Join date : 2010-05-24
Age : 53
Location : TN

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 2nd 2011, 23:03

With so many great names on your list, it's going to be tough to choose!
Of course, I'm partial to Paige. Heart U

I'm sure you can find one you both love and if not, I hate it for him! Just kidding... sort of...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
leigh
Art Luver
avatar

Posts : 542
Join date : 2010-06-25
Age : 45
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 2nd 2011, 23:30

The two we didn't use (when we had the boys Wink ) were

Brynn
Rhian (pronounced Ryan)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.leighpenner.blogspot.com
Kim Strother
Blank Canvas
avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 49
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 3rd 2011, 00:19

I like Pagie and Kylie. I named my daughter Jessica, but these were next on my list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lovejoyscrap.blogspot.com
alligatorally
Digital Designer
avatar

Posts : 622
Join date : 2010-08-16
Location : sunny FLA USA

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 3rd 2011, 10:01

I am partial to Emma or Ella- I love old fashioned names Smile

I also love: Kensie
Claire
and Sophia

I picked my youngest girl's name off our family tree that goes back many generations - Elsy. That's a really fun way to pick a name!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.makenziandmadilyn.com
llmancini
Sketch Book
avatar

Posts : 127
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : In my Scraproom - Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 3rd 2011, 10:53

Oh I love girls names - never being able to use them LOL!!

My nieces name is Arden which I love and it isn't very common....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lorimancini.typepad.com
Sheri Twing
Creative Designer
avatar

Posts : 2008
Join date : 2010-07-31
Location : Nashville TN

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 3rd 2011, 11:10

Oh this is so much fun!

If I had another girl, I was going to name her Alexis (might cover the Alex name?)

But I really like Paige but I also have a niece whose middle name is Paige!

Sounds like you have some really cute names picked out....it's so hard choosing one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.auntierere.blogspot.com/
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
avatar

Posts : 1853
Join date : 2010-06-01
Age : 37
Location : Madison, MS

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 3rd 2011, 11:48

Great list and ideas ladies! I'm loving all these names and it's so hard to choose!

right now we have it as Britni Paige for a girl or Connor Joe for a boy.

We will see if we change our minds as time goes on! LOL

I absolutely LOVE the name Cora but he wouldn't buy it. I love old fashioned names too Heart U
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
Julie Ann
Decorative Tape
avatar

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 46
Location : Rochester, NY

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 3rd 2011, 13:06

I just have to chime in as my sister is going through the same thing. Some suggestions from her husband have been out there such as...
*Baldazar
*Gideon
ohhhhh, I've having a brain freeze, I can't remember anymore, they were so funny. She is going crazy!!!! Can you imagine Baldazar?


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://julieannshahin2.blogspot.com
Julie Ann
Decorative Tape
avatar

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 46
Location : Rochester, NY

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 3rd 2011, 13:07

P.S. they are obviously having a boy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://julieannshahin2.blogspot.com
BethM
Sketch Book
avatar

Posts : 125
Join date : 2010-12-07
Age : 52
Location : Plymouth, IN

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 3rd 2011, 13:54

I liked the name Alex, but I was wanting to name our daughter Alexia, but DH wouldn't hear of it. So her name is Brooke Anne. I like names that aren't so common, but if I could pick out another girl name, it would be old fashioned too, like Olivia. I LOVE that name!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kabamfamily.blogspot.com/
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
avatar

Posts : 1853
Join date : 2010-06-01
Age : 37
Location : Madison, MS

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 3rd 2011, 15:48

Julie Ann wrote:
I just have to chime in as my sister is going through the same thing. Some suggestions from her husband have been out there such as...
*Baldazar
*Gideon
ohhhhh, I've having a brain freeze, I can't remember anymore, they were so funny. She is going crazy!!!! Can you imagine Baldazar?




affraid I think he should be banned from having a say!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
simplyamom3
Art Luver
avatar

Posts : 720
Join date : 2010-06-03
Age : 41
Location : TN

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 3rd 2011, 17:35

I like Britni That is just a cool way to spell it. I like Olivia too.

If I had another girl her name would Airabella But that will have to do for my first grandchild someday!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://simply-me-jennifer.blogspot.com/
maddawg
Art Luver
avatar

Posts : 558
Join date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 4th 2011, 00:37

i always liked morgan rhianna for a girl. and reilley. and one that was agreed on was cassidy.

i love cassidy for a girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
avatar

Posts : 1853
Join date : 2010-06-01
Age : 37
Location : Madison, MS

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 4th 2011, 11:11

maddawg wrote:
i always liked morgan rhianna for a girl. and reilley. and one that was agreed on was cassidy.

i love cassidy for a girl.


I love all those names too. I love the name Morgan but one of my really good friends has a twin sister named Morgan. LOL

Then we already have a Sidney, Bailee, Macey, Cassidy, Rylie and Hailey in our family. And our girls have another sister from their Momma named Chloe.

Then our girls are good friends with a Savannah, Olivia, Hannah - (all which have ALWAYS been on the top of my list since I was a little girl - LOL) But are now out.

Then our dog is a Gracie and I had a dog named Sadie so I couldn't name my girl those.

I know I'm crazy.............So far we still only agree on Britni Paige - plus it goes with "ee" sounds that are apparantely a trend in our family. I even threw Emerson out there the other night but no go on that one too. Sad
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
ellen s
Creative Designer
avatar

Posts : 3577
Join date : 2010-05-25
Age : 41
Location : pa

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 4th 2011, 13:50

leigh wrote:
The two we didn't use (when we had the boys Wink ) were


Rhian (pronounced Ryan)

this was one our number ones for a girl, too! love it
the other was Dylann

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
ellen s
Creative Designer
avatar

Posts : 3577
Join date : 2010-05-25
Age : 41
Location : pa

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 4th 2011, 13:56

ReneeLamb wrote:


Ones that were already suggested:

Dana Paige (mine)
Emma (mine)
Kelsey (mine)
Mya (mine)
Katie (his)
Britni (his)
Catie (his)
Brandi (his)
Alex (his)

Here are the ones I entertained from his list:
Britni
Alex


We have a boys name already set I think so I'm just stuck on a girls name.


Now here are some more I (DH hasn't seen these yet) was thinking of and need help adding to the list.

Avery
Cora
Ella
Paige


Now - I will say that I'm really liking Britni Paige or Alex Jo. What do you think?



i love how you said "entertained" LOL!

I REALLY like Avery for a girl!!!!! i am partial to boyish girl names if that makes sense

so i would say Alex would be next. I do love Cora, too! That is sooooo pretty!!! I think the others like Britni and Ella are really popular right now and, for me, I prefer to go with something not so popular. Though Owen and Henry turned out to be more common that we thought.

Our girl name was Dylann Amber or Dylann Elizabeth (both after my sister and grandmother). But we loved Rihan, too. But my cousin used it for her daughter's middle name so we didn't go with that one.

Good luck! this is so fun!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
avatar

Posts : 1853
Join date : 2010-06-01
Age : 37
Location : Madison, MS

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 4th 2011, 15:23

ellen s wrote:
ReneeLamb wrote:


Ones that were already suggested:

Dana Paige (mine)
Emma (mine)
Kelsey (mine)
Mya (mine)
Katie (his)
Britni (his)
Catie (his)
Brandi (his)
Alex (his)

Here are the ones I entertained from his list:
Britni
Alex


We have a boys name already set I think so I'm just stuck on a girls name.


Now here are some more I (DH hasn't seen these yet) was thinking of and need help adding to the list.

Avery
Cora
Ella
Paige


Now - I will say that I'm really liking Britni Paige or Alex Jo. What do you think?



i love how you said "entertained" LOL!

I REALLY like Avery for a girl!!!!! i am partial to boyish girl names if that makes sense

so i would say Alex would be next. I do love Cora, too! That is sooooo pretty!!! I think the others like Britni and Ella are really popular right now and, for me, I prefer to go with something not so popular. Though Owen and Henry turned out to be more common that we thought.

Our girl name was Dylann Amber or Dylann Elizabeth (both after my sister and grandmother). But we loved Rihan, too. But my cousin used it for her daughter's middle name so we didn't go with that one.

Good luck! this is so fun!!!!!!!!

Alex is definitely high on my list. He is actually liking Emma more too. I like Britni but to me I feel like I'm setting her up to be a cheerleader or pageant queen. No offense to anyone who is/was, etc or who has a daughter named Britni. I just associate that name to a cheerleader name. I don't know why. LOL

I love the name Dylann but and Ryan (Rihan) but I know DH would never go for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
*ANDREA*AMU*
Permanent Marker
avatar

Posts : 1702
Join date : 2010-05-25
Age : 44
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 4th 2011, 18:23

Well if you are going to stay on with the "EEE" sounding trend of your other girls, how about Marley or Marlee? I too like Avery and that has the "EEE" sound as well! Or Carly! Or better yet.... one of my favorites for a girl... Charley or Charlie!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://imlivinonscraps.blogspot.com/
maddawg
Art Luver
avatar

Posts : 558
Join date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 4th 2011, 19:07

ALEXI would fit the whole "E" thing. i like that one too. ALEXI LYNN has a nice ring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ellen s
Creative Designer
avatar

Posts : 3577
Join date : 2010-05-25
Age : 41
Location : pa

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 4th 2011, 21:02

what about Margie. I love that name or Marty (you could spell them with an "i")...i don't know why...they are kinda spicey, kwim? OH. I Like Marti Jo Lamb!


or Marie (that's my middle name Wink ok. i'll shut up now Heart U
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://closeyourears.blogspot.com
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer
avatar

Posts : 1853
Join date : 2010-06-01
Age : 37
Location : Madison, MS

PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   February 7th 2011, 13:55

Oh I love those!! Definitely adding to my list. You girls are rocking the names - keep em coming!

No Karlie or Kacie though - the girls have stepsisters with those names! LOL -- that's what happens when we have a huge family! LOL

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Baby Names   

Back to top Go down
 
Baby Names
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Miracle Bristlenose Baby!! Advice Needed Please??
» AT LAST BABY L134
» Oh baby you got what I need, but you say he's just a friend...
» Who are the BIG names in PotO?
» Prayers for baby Kara, please...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For The Luv of Art :: Day to Day Chit Chat :: Day to Day Chit Chat-
Jump to: