A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
December 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
December 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
December 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
November 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
November 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
November 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
November 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
November 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
November 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Share | 

Haircut

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer

PostSubject: Haircut   February 25th 2011, 10:58

ok girls.........weigh in....

I'm in DESPERATE need of a hair style. I've let my hair grow long because it's so quick to fix in the morning. I used to always have it above shoulder length but here in Mississippi it's too hot and humid to have it on my neck. So too short is out of the question.
Problem is my hair has become unruly and wiry. My hair is very fine and thin so it's literally a lifeless brown mop on top my head right now.

Any one have suggestions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reneelamb.wordpress.com
Sherry C
Fixative Spray

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   February 25th 2011, 11:07

I have fine hair, too, Renee! This key for me is to have texture and layers (I guess it's similar to a layout!) lol! I've tried to grow my hair long, but it doesn't work for my hair texture. I keep my hair a little shorter in the back (with chunky layers) this keeps my hair from looking too flat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   February 25th 2011, 11:13

Sherry C wrote:
I have fine hair, too, Renee! This key for me is to have texture and layers (I guess it's similar to a layout!) lol! I've tried to grow my hair long, but it doesn't work for my hair texture. I keep my hair a little shorter in the back (with chunky layers) this keeps my hair from looking too flat.

That's me too Sherry. I used to wear an A line bob - I did love it but the humidity out here just about killed me when it would stick to my neck....blech.....and Tom was not a fan of the shorter hair. He likes it that I've let it grow longer. I don't mind but I'm thinking he and I may have to just suck it up and get it short again. It always seem to have more body and life when it's shorter..............
Back to top Go down
Sherry C
Fixative Spray

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   February 25th 2011, 11:20

ReneeLamb wrote:
Sherry C wrote:

That's me too Sherry. I used to wear an A line bob - I did love it but the humidity out here just about killed me when it would stick to my neck....blech.....and Tom was not a fan of the shorter hair. He likes it that I've let it grow longer. I don't mind but I'm thinking he and I may have to just suck it up and get it short again. It always seem to have more body and life when it's shorter..............

You could always do a longer version of a bob, this would still let you keep some length but add some texture. Just don't do what I did... when I was 8 months pregnant with my son, I went crazy and chopped all my hair off. It was horrible. I called my DH to warn him and his response? "Are you sure that was the best thing to do at this stage of pregnancy?" Of course it wasn't, I looked like the great pumpkin! My face was so round and my hair so short... I still shudder thinking about it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   February 25th 2011, 11:51

Sherry C wrote:
ReneeLamb wrote:
Sherry C wrote:

You could always do a longer version of a bob, this would still let you keep some length but add some texture. Just don't do what I did... when I was 8 months pregnant with my son, I went crazy and chopped all my hair off. It was horrible. I called my DH to warn him and his response? "Are you sure that was the best thing to do at this stage of pregnancy?" Of course it wasn't, I looked like the great pumpkin! My face was so round and my hair so short... I still shudder thinking about it!

Oh Sherry! I'm sure you still looked so adorable! I do hate to admit that made me chuckle but only because I can already relatesince that's how I felt after making the decision to color my hair brown. Tom told me I'm not allowed to make hair decisions when I'm pregnant! hahahaha - but I think it's just a hormone that makes me want to chop it off!
Back to top Go down
LisaDay
Easel

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   February 25th 2011, 12:55

I can so relate. I have thin hair, but a lot of it, but it still just looks awful long. It's long right now out of laziness and lack of funds. My favorite hairstyle is the one in my avatar. It's shorter layers in the back and longer in the front. But my husband (also a Tom!) likes my hair longer too. I really need to get it cut. I think you'd look cute no matter how your hair is really!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lisaday.typepad.com
ReneeDezember
Creative Mess

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   February 25th 2011, 15:04

Last Friday I got my haircut and over the years my hair has been falling out like crazy so I now too have thin hair but I used to have beautiful think hair...I just took a picture with this new app on my phone...but I can't figure out how to get it off the phone...lol having a moment over here...I will share just as soon as I figure it out Smile_
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   February 25th 2011, 18:00

Thank you Lisa! And I love the style in your avatar and reminds me of how I've had it a couple times. It's so easy to work with at that length.

I'm thinking I'm just going to have to go short again...............
Back to top Go down
ReneeDezember
Creative Mess

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   February 25th 2011, 20:31

Renee last April I cut at least 13 inches off...
it's pretty short again now...very short in the back...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   February 26th 2011, 13:49

Renee I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cut!!!! It looks great!
Back to top Go down
maddawg
Art Luver

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   February 27th 2011, 13:05

that is a cute cut and it would look adorable on both renee's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReneeDezember
Creative Mess

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   February 27th 2011, 15:44

hee hee hee Renee we could be twins except I'll pass on being pg! lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheri Twing
Creative Designer

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   February 27th 2011, 16:48

My hair is fine too and I have the same problem as the rest of you with fine hair....it goes limp and stringy in nothing flat! I have to keep mine shorter. I don't go super short but about shoulder length. And like Sherry said, I find the layers and texturizing really helps a lot.

Renee, your hairstyle is so cute! Preggo Renee, maybe if you try something a little shorter just for your pregnancy and to get you through the summer then grow it out again after that.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.auntierere.blogspot.com/
ReneeDezember
Creative Mess

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   February 27th 2011, 17:03

Renee...I think you will find that you hair will probably grow really fast too during these months...at least mine always did Smile I went short when I was pg with my first and it was the cutest cut I think I have every had...I loved it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maddawg
Art Luver

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   February 28th 2011, 01:49

yeah it does grow fast. you may not wanna get one that's high maintenance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alligatorally
Digital Designer

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   February 28th 2011, 12:39

I am so glad you posted this- now I know I'm not alone!

my hair is so stinkin curly in the weirdest way and I live in HUMID florida.

as everyone else, husband likes long hair. why does every man want wife to have long hair? my hair looks terrible long. it is so much to do to get it to look nice, and so much product to keep it from getting frizzy. I have to flat iron it to get it smooth.

SO.
I have an appt. for this Thursday. I do think I'm getting it cut. off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.makenziandmadilyn.com
alligatorally
Digital Designer

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   February 28th 2011, 12:41

photo is small but you get the idea... I love this look! seems good for fine hair too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.makenziandmadilyn.com
ReneeLamb
Creative Designer

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   February 28th 2011, 13:01

ReneeDezember wrote:
hee hee hee Renee we could be twins except I'll pass on being pg! lol

awwww - come on!! hahahaha - we could be twins and preggo! lol!

I like y'alls idea of going short through the pregnancy. It would be less hassle and cooler..........And I'm totally digging on your cut Renee!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haircut   

Back to top Go down

Haircut
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1