A Community Built on Sharing Our Passion and Love For Creativity.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Time to Shop  Gallery  
12 Days of Holiday Sale - Dec. 9th thru Dec. 20th!! Save 40% on select products daily
Click to Visit the Store
free forum
Come Visit Our Blog
free forum
Visit The Gallery
free forum
Latest topics
» Lazy Sunday
December 18th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Joyful, Joyful...
December 6th 2012, 11:56 by Elisha Pharr

» Dec. Daily Cover...
December 5th 2012, 17:31 by Elisha Pharr

» Thanksgiving Eve....
November 26th 2012, 14:08 by Elisha Pharr

» Handmade Christmas Gifts??
November 21st 2012, 14:05 by Elisha Pharr

» Happy Monday!!
November 12th 2012, 10:30 by Elisha Pharr

» What's on your scrap desk?
November 12th 2012, 10:28 by Elisha Pharr

» The day after...
November 7th 2012, 14:34 by Elisha Pharr

» Authentique Festive Collection is up on the blog!!!
November 5th 2012, 14:18 by Elisha Pharr

Top posting users this week
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Share | 

Need Birthday Party Help....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
simplyamom3
Art Luver

PostSubject: Need Birthday Party Help....   August 2nd 2011, 10:40

I trying to start planning Sydneys Birthday party early. She will be 7 and this will be her first friend birthday party. Since her Birthday is Nov. 4th she has decided she wants to have ot a little early and do it Halloween themed.

Its been forever since I had a big kids party like this. I want to do games but I have no idea what kind and not sure about the cake and stuff either. I also want to make the invitations.

So I know how creative all of you are here and thought you might can throw some Halloween party ideas my way. We are looking at probably 20 to 25 kids.

Any help would be great! Thanks Ya'll!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://simply-me-jennifer.blogspot.com/
rkokes
Art Luver

PostSubject: Re: Need Birthday Party Help....   August 2nd 2011, 11:09

last year for my daughter's party we played Bingo (you can theme it to your party-hers was Dora) and I gave away little prizes (super bouncy balls, etc.-also themed) for the winners. It didn't cost much (the Dora bingo was $1 each at Party City and I just bought more than one set, but you could even make your own cards in a Halloween theme OR maybe use Jenni Bowlin Halloween bingo cards and then use a spinner from a game you already have or draw numbers from a hat), but even the adults had fun and people were spread out all over the living room playing. It was fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativekokes.wordpress.com
Sheri Twing
Creative Designer

PostSubject: Re: Need Birthday Party Help....   August 2nd 2011, 11:35

You know what is fun too is a scavenger hunt. Teens and kids both love it! Break them up into two teams and give them lists of things to hunt for. Depending on your neighborhood and what you're comfortable with, you can even send them on a hunt to get something from a neighbor (a piece of junkmail or something). Not only does it keep them busy for a while, you get a little break! Wink

Since it's around Halloween, you could even make it like a "trick or treat" scavenger hunt
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.auntierere.blogspot.com/
Ashjoy
Permanent Marker

PostSubject: Re: Need Birthday Party Help....   August 2nd 2011, 12:07

I say bag the cake and go with cupcakes, they can make an impressive looking table scape.

Keep snacks simple. Pizza cut into mini triangles or even the little bagel pizzas are great. Chicken fingers cut into little pieces was always a big hit at our parties as well.

Take away goodie bags arer always a hit, but making the goodie bag one of the games is a fun way to lesson the work on you. Give them the supplies needed to decorate their own containers to fill with goodies. If you can get you hands on enough larger baby food jars you can have them decorate them with felt to make them a witch, then have big bowls of green candies (greenM&M or jelly beans, or even gum balls) that they can fill them up to take them home.

And I say break out the old Halloween music, a black light and let them dance to the Monster Mash and just have fun. Or ven have them pop big black balloons with their butts to thriller and give the first and last to pop their balloons prizes, but don't tell them how they will win the prize. And don't smake the prizes costly as you don't want anyone to feel left out. Like maybe the 2 winners each get a can of silly string and get to shoot it at the others while they are dancing as their prize.

Don't over plan and let the kids have fun and the party will be a blast!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://1ashjoy.blogspot.com/
rkokes
Art Luver

PostSubject: Re: Need Birthday Party Help....   August 2nd 2011, 13:50

these are some great ideas! makes me want to have a Halloween party! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativekokes.wordpress.com
simplyamom3
Art Luver

PostSubject: Re: Need Birthday Party Help....   August 2nd 2011, 14:20

Thanks for the ideas, When my oldest had her birthday parties I would just plan a few things and then let them play the rest of the time. I like the dancing idea. I was thinking Spider cupcakes also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://simply-me-jennifer.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Birthday Party Help....   

Back to top Go down

Need Birthday Party Help....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1